My initial recommendations for women who wish to begin their healing journey in their pelvic bowl and connect more deeply with their sexuality are:
- Become intimate with your sexual and reproductive anatomy and the energy of your pelvic bowl through regular non-sexual self massage & meditation.
- Explore your sexuality – hold regular self-pleasure dates with yourself, learn your patterns of arousal, connect to your sexual energy.
- Initiate yourself into the wisdom of the menstrual cycle – track your cycle, track your ovulation, become intimate with the way your body changes through each month.
- Connect with other women – join a circle, a red tent, if there aren’t any in your area, create one. Come together, talk about your bodies, your cycles, your life stages, lift the silence, lift the shame.
- Honour your and strengthen your body physically with regular practice of movement that you love, especially movement that focuses on your core – eg. yoga, pilates, dance
Mandy Adams – Menstruality Mentor, founder of Red Tent Cornwall, a wise woman and a seer, Mandy holds rites of passage ceremonies for women and is an oracle on all things menstrual.
My dear friend Mandy left this earth in 2021 and is greatly missed – I leave her name on my resources page in her memory – she was such deep resource for me in her living years.
Nature and Me – Victoria Dufour is a menstrual cycle awareness educator and facilitator for girls. She is passionate about girls receiving support and knowledge allowing them an educated choice and an empowered start on their journey to adulthood. If you have daughters who would like to enter this rite of passage in their full power, Victoria is the lady for you – based in Falmouth
Books on Menstruality
Her Blood is Gold – Lara Owen
Wild Power – Alexandra Pope and Sjane Hugo-Wurlitzer – founders of Red School
Code Red – Lisa Lister – Her website, The Sassy She – is full of great resources.
Period Power – Maisie Hill
Wise Power – Alexandra Pope and Sjane Hugo-Wurlitzer – founders of Red School
Perimenopause Power – Maisie Hill
Wisdom of the Menopause – Christine Northrup
Women’s Anatomy of Pleasure – Shere Winston
Multi-Orgasmic Woman – Mantak Chia & Rachel Carlton Adams
Tantric Orgasm for Women – Diane Richardson
Natural Fertility Management
The Garden of Fertility – Katie Singer – tracking your fertility signals to either conceive or prevent conception.
The Wild Feminine – Tami Lynn Kent
Yoni Shakti – Uma Dinsmore Tuli
Pussy – A Reclamation – Regina Thomashauer
In Person Pussy Positive Sessions:
Kundalini Shakti Dance Temple – Every wheel of the year celebration (equinoxes, solstices and cross-quarter days) Sacred Yoni and Rise Rooted hold a women’s dance event at Chyan near Falmouth – these sessions focus on connecting to our pelvic bowls and moving our bodies with joy to amazing music and are a chance to connect in circle with other women and talk about our bodies and our experiences.
Wildfem – the amazing Charlotte Little holds a beautiful and safe spaces for pussy owners to explore their erotic selves.
Wild Samsara – goddess Trudi Holden offers women’s therapies, safe spaces, sacred cirlces, womb reiki training and other magical offerings.