I work with a number of different modalities – some women find me because they have learned about a specific modality that I offer such as Holistic Pelvic Care or Abdominal Therapy and want to explore that modality.
For those of you who know why you are here, but aren’t sure “which therapy to choose” – know that you don’t need to choose a type of therapy – I outline all these different modalities so that people can understand what I offer. In reality, my sessions are all unique, tailored to the individual and unique needs of my clients.
The sessions may or may not include internal massage – every woman is different and I will guide you to listen to your body to find out what is right for you.
I can offer help with:
- You are experiencing some pain or discomfort around your sexual and reproductive anatomy – perhaps sex is painful or you have recurrent bladder infections, or urine leakage.
- You want to prepare for conception in the best way possible, or you are having trouble conceiving.
- You are recovering from some birth trauma or obstretic violence, or perhaps you had the birth you wanted and are aware that internal work will help your body to recover.
- You suffered any kind of pregnancy loss recently and need help processing this
- You suffered any kind of pregnancy loss 50 years ago – it is never too late to do this work and it never stops calling us to do it. I’m particularly passionate about helping women to process pregnancy loss and its importance underacknowledged in our culture.
- You struggle with your menstrual cycle – your periods are unbearable.
- You want to deepen into your menstrual cycle and understand its awesome power.
Sexual abuse/ trauma
- You have experienced some kind of sexual abuse or trauma which has resulted in you feeling stuck, unable to feel the full expression of yourself as a sexual being in your body on this earth.
- You are unable to feel pleasure sexual pleasure or orgasm. Maybe you don’t know why, but you know that your birthright is to feel this pleasure.
- You are comfortable in their sexuality, but they want to deepen your orgasmic capacity or learn more about how you can tap into your sexual energy.
- You are already working with sexual energy and want to practice with a female practitioner.
- You feel that you are “wrong” in some way sexually – perhaps you have sexual fantasies that you think you shouldn’t have or “normal sex” just doesn’t turn you on.
- You are struggling through menopause: physically and emotionally, in a way they never have before and are seeking help to make it through.
- You are beyond menopause and are dealing with physical or emotional symptoms, or wanting to explore your sexuality consciously or have decided to integrate old traumas.
Holistic Pelvic Care™
Holistic Pelvic Care is suitable for anyone who has a vagina.
The Pelvic Bowl
The female pelvic bowl contains the female reproductive organs: the womb, the ovaries
and the vagina, as well as the bladder and the rectum. The pelvic bowl is our core, our root, our powerhouse. It is where all of our creative potential resides:
“The womb is the doorway where women have access to spirit at all times” Tami Kent
The pelvic bowl is also where we carry pain, trauma, emotional blockages and lineage patterns that can stretch back for generations. These patterns of tension that we hold in our pelvic bowl restrict us. They cause physical pain, discomfort or dysfunction and prevent us from feeling pleasure. They also prevent us from expressing our full creative range.
I work with women’s bodies using Holistic Pelvic Care to address trauma and restrictions in the female body.
What is Holistic Pelvic Care™?
Holistic Pelvic Care™ (HPC™) is a gentle pelvic bodywork method designed to physically and energetically align the pelvis. It was developed by women’s health physiotherapist Tami Lynn Kent, author of Wild Feminine.
Women are often disconnected from their pelvic bowl and hold chronic tension in this area because of trauma, shame, toxic cultural or lineage patterns, abuse, stresses of life, injury, menstrual products – the list goes on. HPC™ aims to address these patterns.
“The primary goal of HPC™ is to empower a woman to fully inhabit her pelvic space and to occupy her feminine ground: physically, emotionally and spiritually.” – Tami Kent
Holistic Pelvic Care™ addresses the interplay between the physical and energetic patterns in the female pelvic bowl: a woman’s root. The treatment involves a gentle internal massage of the pelvic floor whilst exploring the energetic patterns that are held in the pelvic bowl through dialogue, breath-work and visualisation.
On a physical level, HPC™ treatments help to re-balance pelvic floor muscle patterns, realign the fascia (the connective tissue that wraps around the organs and muscles providing an internal elastic support system) and increase blood flow to pelvic organs, all of which can improve female pelvic health symptoms.
Physical realignment of the pelvic bowl supports energy flow through the root. And energetic alignment enhances physical vitality. The basis of HPC™ is energy work through the fascia. Clarifying our energy field in this way ultimately allows us to connect more deeply with ourselves and our families.
Who can benefit from Holistic Pelvic Care™?
Women at all life stages can benefit from HPC™. Although HPC™ treats more obvious pelvic dysfunction, it is also something that should be an integral part of every woman’s preventative health care.
Holistic Pelvic Care™ is offered as a supportive modality to enhance health and wellness, and are not meant as an entire approach to health care. If you have any serious medical conditions, please consult your health care provider first.
Specific areas that HPC™ can help with include:
- postpartum recovery – physical and emotional trauma
- preparation for pregnancy
- fertility support
- miscarriage/ abortion support
- uterine prolapse support
- pelvic pain
- menstrual discomfort
- urinary leakage or incontinence
- vaginal discomfort with menopause/ post menopause
- dyspareunia (painful sex), vaginismus, vaginal pain
- impact trauma
- loss of libido/ difficulty orgasming
- chronic bladder or vaginal infections
What happens during a treatment?
Holistic Pelvic Care™ involves internal massage. A gloved and lubricated digit is gently and respectfully inserted into the vaginal canal. A muscle assessment and trigger point assessment is carried out initally. The treatment is very much guided by your body and the role of the practitioner is to listen rather than “do”. The HPC™ treatment is a nurturing, healing touch that most of us have never experienced in this area of our body, having only been touched there sexually or medically. Intra-vaginal massage is accompanied by external palpation and guided breath work and visualisation along with dialogue. The muscles are re-assessed at the end of the treatment and there is always a change in energy and tone after the massage.
The treatment can be subtle but profound and women usually experience notable effects after just one session. A minimum of two sessions is recommended to restore pelvic balance. Beyond this, the number of sessions depend on the individual’s symptoms and how she is responding to treatment.
How will I feel after a session?
Reactions to sessions will vary from woman to woman. Women often feel an increase in pelvic tone and a decrease in overall symptoms. The initial session usually initiates the most changes. Often imprints around birthing or traumatic events will have shifted during the session. Sometimes I will recommend working with other health specialists to support individual journeys.
Do I need to cancel if I am menstruating?
No, treatments can be carried out when you are menstruating.
Can I receive treatment if I am pregnant?
I do not carry out internal pelvic work if a woman is pregnant. However, energetic and external work can be beneficial at this time. HPC™ is of great benefit to women recovering from childbirth and treatments can be carried out from 6 weeks postpartum.
Where are you based?
I work from therapy rooms in the Falmouth/ Truro area. Please contact me if you require this service.
“Thank you so much. I am blown away by your levels of care, tenderness, opens and professionalism. I was relaxed and able to share deeply personal and sensitive information. I felt that I could trust in myself because I trusted in you. I felt so well held throughout and was given space to come around at the end. A truly remarkable and healing experience. I have so much gratitude for your generosity and care.” Tracey Hill, Camborne.
“Attending Holistic Pelvic Care sessions with Kate was a revelation to what degree the trauma around my boy’s birth was still very alive within my body. This surface consciousness brought up by the Holistic Pelvic Care allowed me to receive the healing needed. Kate’s HPC bodywork delivery was the right container for me to receive this healing in a caring, dignifying way while feeling entirely safe in Kate’s hands.”
Victoria Dufour, Celebration Day for Girls Facilitator, Falmouth
“Kate is a beautiful healer.
Super professional, extremely kind and I felt really safe to share my thoughts with her. She holds a really gentle and loving space during treatments and I highly recommend her.” Ellen Worth, Cornwall
“I found the session to be really beautiful and it felt like something in me shifted regarding my menarche so that I gave myself what I needed. I felt Kate to be really tender and felt her working her magic healing. Thanks Kate. It truly is a wonderful gift you have and I feel really blessed.” Rebekah Warren, Penzance
“Kate’s holistic pelvic care sessions revealed to me a tender and shame free approach to relating more deeply to my pelvic bowl. I had read and admired the writings of Tami Kent and when I received my first session with Kate I was struck by the fluid way in which she related my history to what was actually presenting in my tissue. Her caring, professional and gentle approach made me feel safe and at ease. I would recommend this work to all women, as for me it has brought me back home to expressing my root voice…and I wonder what that would look like if we each spoke with Her guidance.”
Mandy Adams, Menstruality Mentor – Founder Red Tent Cornwall